Subtitle layout in DVD Architect. pro 5.0

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Petersen
Subtitle layout in DVD Architect. pro 5.0
on Jan 23, 2009 at 10:32:24 am

Hi people,

First, sorry if my english is bad.
I have a few questions regarding the layout of subtitles in "DVD architect PRO 5.0".

Imagine a 2 line subtitle with the black rectangle around it (or whatever color you choose in the default colorset 4).
My problem is that if a subtitle event is more than 1 line of text, there will be 1 big box covering both lines.
I would like it to be 2 boxes covering each their own line of text in the subtitle event.
Is that possible to do in DVD Architect pro 5.0 ? If so - how?

Another question, the black box around the lines in a subtitle event is a fixed size in widtht.
However, it seems to know when to expand vertically (if it contains 2 lines of text).
So....is it possible to make the black box only the length of the text without having to do it manually for each event? if so - how?

I've really tried to find this in the Architect manual, as well as using google, but i can't find anything about it.
I understand DVD Architect is not really the most advanced subtitle tool, so i'm would also interested in other software able to do this, and which can be used together with DVD Architect.

I'm also struggling a little with the colors of the subtitles.
Right now it looks "best" with white text ( with a tint of yellow) and black "outline".
However, i would like it to be the white text on a 50% transparent black box that is only covering 1 line at the time.
What color setup would you suggest for optimal reading when the movie itself has some very light scenes, where subtitles is needed?

Recommendations about font and size of subtitles is also very very welcome.

I hope you understand what i mean, regardless of my english skills :-)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Dennis J. Petersen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]