FORUMS: list search recent posts

DLT issues

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schneider
DLT issues
on Jan 22, 2009 at 9:52:38 pm

I've created a Dual layer project on DLTs. Authored with DVDSP on a MAC OSX through SCSI to a Quantum DLT VS80 onto DLT IV type media.

The replicator is telling me there is a problem and that i should re-submit on a DLT III because they cannot read the tape in there machine.

Are there compatibility issues with Type IV and Type III tapes or possibly my VS80 machine?

They also said I could submit the separate layers on two separate DVDs. How could I do this, should I?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best-

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DLT issues
on Jan 22, 2009 at 11:06:25 pm

You need two different DLTs if your project is DL. DVDSP should ask you when to insert the second DLT - probably why it had issues at the replicator. Type IV or III shouldn't matter.

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Jan 23, 2009 at 2:32:19 am

[Daniel Schneider] "They also said I could submit the separate layers on two separate DVDs. How could I do this, should I?"

Whether you can do it depends on the authoring program you are using. Scenarist and DVD Studio Pro make it pretty easy. These are the only two that I know of that can do it.

What you end up with is a folder (two folderd for a DVD9) that contain the exact same files that would be written to DLT. Simply burn the contents of the folders on separate discs. Probably best not to use Finder if your on the Mac. You'll need Toast to create a UDF formatted disc vs. HPFS format that Finder will make. Be sure to label the disc properly. You should have a Layer 0 (zero) and a Layer 1. Also, make sure to indicated boldly that the disc contain files for replication in the form of DDP files.

No really compelling reason not to do this.

Dave

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jan 23, 2009 at 2:50:41 am

Dave's correct...sorry I mis-read your post. Output to Hard Drive and choose DDP 2.0. This will give you the folders you need to deliver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]