FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help - What Mac software is best to burn interactive page-flip Flash magazines to DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barbara Davis
Help - What Mac software is best to burn interactive page-flip Flash magazines to DVD
on Jan 22, 2009 at 5:18:50 am

Hi - I have a standalone Adobe Flash document that I would like to duplicate onto DVDs, and have it open onto a nice interface (with images and audio) and run automatically on both operating platforms (mac & windows), without users opening just a dull folder and having to choose and awkwardly click start.app "for Mac" or autorun.inf "for PC."

Apple's iDVD will not burn or create a nice g.u. interface for interactive .swf documents. Do I have to spring for Adobe Premiere?

I'm new to DVD authoring and interactive .swf file formats, much less how to get a pro presentation onto DVD for multiple repos. If anybody wants to look at what I am trying to duplicate, please go to http://www.pagegangster.com/p/oiRmm/

Suggestions? Thanks!

-- Barbara

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Help - What Mac software is best to burn interactive page-flip Flash magazines to DVD
on Jan 22, 2009 at 4:37:54 pm

Hi Barbara

DVD is nowhere near the same interactivity as Flash so it wont be as easy as just dropping you're .swf into an authoring tool and your done :) You will need to convert out of Flash each flip of the page separately as a .mov file then encode it to MPEG 2. From there you would create menus for each flip forward and each flip back. Not sure how much experience you have in DVD or video but it will take some work and you'll need to know your way around Flash and DVDSP pretty well. Also remember your limited to 720x480 in DVD so that small type I see will not be readable.

Personally I would not put this on disc unless you plan to enlarge that type but this would mean doing all the animation and design by hand - lots of work & lots of experience needed for something like this.

Return to posts index

Barbara Davis
Re: Help - What Mac software is best to burn interactive page-flip Flash magazines to DVD
on Jan 22, 2009 at 5:20:55 pm

Eric, thank you so much for responding to my SOS -- I appreciate your expertise and willingness to help! If nothing else, this will give me some tech information to explain to my customer why this may not be such a great idea.

I'm a designer, not a video whiz, so I think I'm in over my head.

Again, thanks so much -- Hurray for Creative Cow, this forum is always great.

Best,
Barbara

Return to posts index

Peter Sinnot
on Sep 7, 2009 at 1:40:44 pm

there is a MAC software tool called "3D Issue". They have a Mac version of the software. It automatically converts your PDF into page turning digital magazines. It produces both online and offline versions of the magazine. The offline version is what you need.

I am not sure that it burns the issues to the DVD for you though. You can downlaod a free trial at http://www.3dissue.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]