FORUMS: list search recent posts

crash after update from version 2 to version 4, can#t work with older projects

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tania Dorado
crash after update from version 2 to version 4, can#t work with older projects
on Jan 14, 2009 at 4:49:22 pm

Hi,
I have problems trying to burn an older project (encore 2) on encore 4.
We update the production Suite from version 2 to version 4, since then we have had a lot of problems when trying to open older projects. The projects that were entirely made on version 4 don´t present any problems. But the older projects that were made using version 2 have given us a lot of trouble. We can open them and preview them, but as soon as as we try to burn them, encores asks if we want of save the changes (I suppose encore recognizes the update and wants to save version 4 of the project) you say yes and then it crashes when encoding (psd and menu graphics, the videos have been previously transcoded to mpg2 using squeeze), other times it gets all the way trough with the encoding but crashes while burning. I hope you can help us find a way of burning successfully a project that was made on a previous version. We cannot rip an DVD that has been previous burned using version 2, because we need to replace some of the assets. This asset replacement takes place on a weekly basis, because we personalize the material by branding the video material with customers' logo each time we sell a copy. We can not make a new project every time someone buy a copy. We really, really appreciate it if someone could help us find a solution for working with older projects that have been made on a previous version and that need to be updated regularly.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
Re: crash after update from version 2 to version 4, can#t work with older projects
on Jan 14, 2009 at 7:51:44 pm

Instead of burning to DVD-R from Encore, maybe you could build your project to an image file and use Nero or something to burn? If you still have a problem building the project to an image file then I would start talking to Adobe support or check on Adobe's forum.

Return to posts index

Tania Dorado
Re: crash after update from version 2 to version 4, can#t work with older projects
on Jan 14, 2009 at 8:42:40 pm

Thanks Lucas for the quick response. I've tried that already. We actually usually use Nero for burning. Encore just crashes whenever trying to make a DVD, an Image disk or an ISO file. We´ve already tried to get in touch with Adobe but we only get the sales people on the line, they tell us to get in touch with the distributer, the distributer just sell and doen't give really support... Do you you know a concrete address to with we could refer to at Adobe? Adobes Forum addressed us to the manual, but there we couldn't find this error.
We took the the entire project today to another company and tried it there, and it did´t work it started asking for parameters, we used the standar settings, but on this other machine all the setting were gone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]