FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will replicator accept HDD of *.img?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elijah Lynn
Will replicator accept HDD of *.img?
on Jan 9, 2009 at 2:10:38 am

Hi,

I am preparing my first DVD project for our replicator. I haven't received a call back from them regarding delivery method yet.

Just wondering if it is acceptable to give them a sata HD with the image on it or better yet offer them a download link and they can do a md5 checksum on it when it is complete.

I am weary of writing a DVD and if I must I want to get some nice Taiyo Yuden media but I still believe the former is the better option.

Any replicators out there or pro's who can offer some advice?

Thanks

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Will replicator accept HDD of *.img?
on Jan 9, 2009 at 4:02:17 am

You only want to deliver a DDP or CMF image on HDD to your replicator. Which authoring tool are you using?

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
on Jan 9, 2009 at 6:28:40 am

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using DVD Studio Pro. It gives me the option of *.cmf 1.00, *.ddp 2.00 and 2.10.

I guess that will be the preference of the replicator.

We have an extra drive I can part with for a bit. Am I correct in assuming this would be the ideal delivery format?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
on Jan 9, 2009 at 12:41:55 pm

Yeah you will want to deliver with DDP 2.0 from DVD SP if you are going to submit a HDD. My company accepts image files (IMG, ISO) for DVD-5, but we add a charge to burn the image file to a DVD-R to use as a master. I doubt many replicators offer this service.

-Luke

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
on Jan 9, 2009 at 3:39:26 pm

Thanks Lucas

I was going to deliver them a bare drive since we have an docking station that accepts bare drives.

Should they be able to read this or should I send the USB 2.0/eSata docking station along with it?

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
on Jan 9, 2009 at 3:44:56 pm

Make sure that you have it ready so all they have to do is plug in the USB cable and go. My suggestion also, as a back up, is if your project does not have CSS just burn it to a DVD-R from DVD Studio Pro labeled as back up in case they have an issue with the Hard Drive.

You may want to contact the replicator and see if they have a preference as well.

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
on Jan 9, 2009 at 5:45:15 pm

Hey Lucas,

Thanks for all your feedback. I talked to the replicator just moments ago and he said I could upload a file and they could use a software we provide (for PC) to do a MD5 Checksum on the file.

I will make a DDP 2.10 and use Dropbox's public folder to upload the image and give them a link. Still need to find out which checksum tool to use.

Lucas, do you guys use a checksum for disc images?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]