FORUMS: list search recent posts

ripping video from small DVD-R camera discs

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
ripping video from small DVD-R camera discs
on Jan 1, 2009 at 1:14:51 pm

Hi,

A client has just dropped off two small DVD-R discs. My Mac won't mount them. Although Toast Get-Info sees the files, it can't do anything with them.

No one knows what camera shot these disks. Is there any app that can work?

I tried playing them in a standard DVD player and they don't work there either.

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

joe mantaratz
Re: ripping video from small DVD-R camera discs
on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:15:58 pm

My best guess is that if you cannot even explore the disc then they were never FINALIZED in the camcorder. If that has not been done you will not be able to view the files. The Mac should not be mounting them as you would an image file. Have you tried in a PC to view the files? I don't know of an app that can read the files but I am sure there must one that exists. Other than sending it off to a lab for a bit by bit reconstruction. Let me know if this helps.
Joe

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:48:47 pm

Hi Joe,

We went to CIrcuit City and found the discs would playback in a Sony DVD-R camcorder.
I'm a little concerned about even trying to finalize them in another recorder than which they were shot. I'm thinking find a Sony and stream them out to my Mac.

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

joe mantaratz
on Jan 3, 2009 at 4:32:26 pm

You should not have a problem using the Sony to finalize, if it looks fine on the recorder than it should be ok. I own one as well and I believe they use the same format to finalize their discs. But to be safe I would stream it right from the camera. Hope it works.
Joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]