FORUMS: list search recent posts

Toast9 ad Blu-ray burning

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
Toast9 ad Blu-ray burning
on Dec 29, 2008 at 3:17:38 pm

Hi,

Just installed a mac 8 core tower and toast 9 with the BLu-ray plugin. I may have read the info on this incorrectly, so I wondered if you guys can give me the REAL lowdown. Toast claims that with the plugin, you can encode media as Blu-ray HD onto a DVD-R disc (using regular internal burner) that WILL play on current blu-ray players & PS3s (of course, a 4.7 gb disc won't yield as much time, but if I'm only doing a 10-15 minute project, it 'should' fit).

Do I have this correct? It's OK if I don't, I'd just really like to know the REAL deal, and even if I AM correct, can anyone tell me of any catches or limitations? thanks!

Rick

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
Re: Toast9 ad Blu-ray burning
on Dec 29, 2008 at 4:02:42 pm

Rick,

I don't have any insights into Toast, but we HAVE made Blu-rays with DVDs. Not all players will play them. Sonys and Panasonics do, but we haven't had success with Samsungs. Sharps and LGs are out of the question as well. If you have any control over encoding, keep your total bitrates around 17mbps or lower, otherwise playback will be jerky.

Max
--
Blu-ray producer
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

John Higgs
Re: Toast9 ad Blu-ray burning
on Dec 31, 2008 at 2:55:43 pm

Hi Guys,
I have been burning Blu Ray HD disc's in Toast 9 0 + HD plugin with out any problems .
I shoot on HD-Cam edit in FCP, encoding at 26MBS in Toast on standard 4.7Gig disc's [40 mins max]
and they play first class. You Blu Ray player must have a profile of 1.1 or higher to play these disc's.

John Higgs A/V

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]