FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Architect novice audio question

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Simon
DVD Architect novice audio question
on Dec 29, 2008 at 4:37:03 am

I am currently experiencing an audio problem when creating a DVD in DVD Architect version 3.0 build 51. I am using Vegas 6.0b build 126 and am pleased with the video I have created. When I burn a DVD I get intermittant audio skips or stutters at various places. I have tried rendering all video formats - avi, mpeg2, wmv, and mov but the problem persists. I have also rendered all audio to a single track and then re-rendered that video. I have read that I could render my audio tracks to an AC3 format, but I can't find that output type anywhere in either software. The Vegas rendered files play fine standing alone, so the problem is somewhere in DVD Architect. Is there something I am not setting up correctly in DVD Architect? Is this something in my version that upgrading would fix?

After reading many posts on this site, I am definitely a novice so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

joe mantaratz
Re: DVD Architect novice audio question
on Jan 3, 2009 at 3:41:07 pm

You need to do two renders in Vegas before bringing it into Architect. Select MPEG-2 for the file type then use the DVD Architect NTSC Video Stream. You will note that there is no audio selected to be rendered that is because you now have to render the audio stream separately. Select Dolby Ac-3 Pro as the file type and render the audio using the same name as the video clip. Also be sure to locate both files in the same location so that Architect will find them automatically. If you use any other format Architect will have to render the video and audio again and you will lose quality. You do not mention how larger you final file is. Architect is not a good measure of bit rate calculation needs. If you have a two hour video you might need to downgrade the bitrate. It could also be your DVD player cannot handle the higher bitrate or the encoding. Older machines at my home will not play certain DVDS
smoothly. The older versions you have should have these file formats. Let me know if this helps.
Joe

Return to posts index

Todd Simon
on Jan 3, 2009 at 11:31:46 pm

Joe,
thanks for the reply. It was very helpful. In fact, I discovered that my laptop can not handle the bitrate, but others can and there was no problem using the default setting. I would like to render the seperate streams as you described, but I can't find the Dolby Ac-3 setting anywhere. Can you help me with that? I have version 6 so I thihnk I should be able to find it but I can't. And when I render the files how do I get Architect to find them? Is there a default folder I should use? I have been creating separate folders for the renderings each time and it is not under the Architects application folder.

One last question. If I wanted to reduce the bit rate how would I do that? Do I adjust the bit rate for both the video and the audio?

Thanks so much for your help!

Todd

Return to posts index

joe mantaratz
on Jan 4, 2009 at 12:09:46 am

It does have the template for the Ac-3 file format. I have version 5 still installed and it has it. Look under FILE TYPE and there you will see the format. You have to render the video and the audio separately using the templates I mentioned before. Give them both the same names and put them in any place you like but together. When you import the video file into Architect it will look in the same location to see if the audio is there. That is why you must name them the same. For example MYBirthday.MPG...MyBirthday.Ac3. The file extension comes from the render process.
As far as the bitrate is concerned you do that in Architect when you select the burn process. There is an option for OPTIMIZATION, you'll see a slider with the default of 8 selected and the approx size of the file it will make. Adjust accordingly. Hope this helps
Joe

Return to posts index

joe mantaratz
on Jan 4, 2009 at 12:17:10 am

Don't forget that a lower bitrate will result in lower quality, but if your file is larger unless you are using Blue Ray you don't have a choice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]