FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning Single IMG to a playable DVD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Lee
Burning Single IMG to a playable DVD
on Dec 18, 2008 at 5:26:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to burn a single image onto a DVD so that when you pop it into a standard DVD player it shows up on the tv screen automatically.

I have a PSD that's 1024x768. When I save it as a JPG and use DVD Studio Pro to burn it (I loop the image using First Play/End Jump), it works. But when I play the image on a DVD player it looks very Poor quality. So I thought that it had something to do with it being a JPG and thought I would save it as a TIFF or directly as a PSD, but for some reason when I do that only parts of the image show up (as if the rest of the image were masked). I'm flattening the image before I make the TIFF. Not sure why this is happening or if I should be doing something else to simply get a good quality Photo onto a playable DVD.

Thank you for any advice!! :)

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Burning Single IMG to a playable DVD
on Dec 19, 2008 at 12:55:40 am

The picture should be 720x480, never have DVDSP resize a picture.

If all you want is this one image I would resize it, bring it into motion, make it a 5 minute movie, export it as 29.97 progressive Uncompressed 10 bit movie. Use compressor and make a CBR preset at 7 Mbps and 29.97 Progressive. bring this into DVDSP and loop it on the first play video track. (not a menu track) this should give you a good image.

Return to posts index

Jay Lee
on Dec 19, 2008 at 3:37:33 pm

I don't have Motion. Could I use After Effects and then DVD Studio Pro and do the same thing?

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 19, 2008 at 3:42:58 pm

AE would work just as well. Graphic software handles pics better than most NLEs, make sure you keep it progressive all the way through and it should be better on all kind of displays.

Return to posts index

Jay Lee
on Dec 19, 2008 at 6:18:54 pm

Okay, just wanted to doublecheck.

The following are the specs I got for showing the image on the DVD player. So I make the image 720x480?

------------------------------------------------
For video distribution we will be using a composite video signal versus a computer RGB signal as we will be coming from a DVD player.
Brand: Samsung
Screen Measurements: h: 23.25" // w: 38.6”
Resolution: 1024 x 768

------------------------------------------------
Thanks again!!!

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 4, 2009 at 8:08:55 pm

It doesn't matter what size screen it is being displayed on, or the resolution at which the screen will be running at. A dvd player will only output a 720x480 signal (assuming it is NTSC). So make sure your image is that resolution when putting it on the dvd. Use after effects and scale it down, like the other post mentioned.

Jon Geddes
Motion Graphics Designer
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]