FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommendations for stick-on labels

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Rothauser
Recommendations for stick-on labels
on Dec 15, 2008 at 7:37:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for brands or types of stick-on dvd labels. yes I know they are the devil and all that, but I don't plan on investing in a dvd printer. I did some research and found that Memorex has polyester dvd labels which they say work better than the paper ones. is that true?

Thanks, Alex

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Recommendations for stick-on labels
on Dec 15, 2008 at 11:48:41 pm

The problem with any label is they mess with the balance of the disc, it wouldn't matter what they were made of. It is asking for trouble to use any, use a pen if you don't want to buy a printer.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 16, 2008 at 4:13:42 pm

You can purchase an inkjet printer that also handles discs for as little as $50-60, there is no reason to use paper labels in this day and age, to many issues with labels

Jeff Pulera

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Dec 16, 2008 at 6:59:22 pm

Jeff forgot to say, if you buy a decent printer for like 120 bucks, and use watershielded media, the results are gorgeous!

(of course impractical for large numbers. That's why i have a 3K (euro) Epson robot.

Expensive? No. It pays for itself. If you have more than a few to do, get some more business or outsource to a company that has the right equipment.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]