FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD problems

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn C
DVD problems
on Dec 11, 2008 at 2:56:24 pm

DVD problems... The owner of my company isn't happy with the DVD's we are producing in house. We are making DVD's from HD source in final cut exporting using compressor or Adobe encore. And they don't look like a DVD released in the store. They have archiving in the blacks and just arn't crisp.Is it just compressor can't do great DVD's and I need to get another software? Or am I doing something wrong in my settings. Can someone suggest the best possiable settings in compressor even if I have to use dual layer DVD's price is no object here. What is the best possible solution to get the best possiable DVD's. Thanks for any help..

Shawn

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD problems
on Dec 11, 2008 at 3:03:56 pm

Compressor will never do as well as high end encoder and especially when the high end encoders are being run by high end compressionist. Plus you have to be starting with the same quality footage as hollywood.

But you can get good results with Compressor, this question is asked all the time do a search for tips and if you guys want to spend a little be of money look at 3rd party encoders.

Return to posts index

Shawn C
on Dec 11, 2008 at 3:06:37 pm

We do have alot of stuff shot in 4K using the red and I just purchaced teh Episode engine but still learning it. Will that help us?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 11, 2008 at 3:17:40 pm

If the footage is processed and color corrected well you should be good results but the higher end encoders will do better. I have not read much about Episode m2v encoding and no comment there.

If you want Hollywood level look into Cinemacraft. http://www.omni-cinemacraft.com/

BitVice is a lot cheaper and many people on the boards like it. http://www.innobits.com/

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:44:16 pm

Apple tools are known for not doing a good job at downconverting. For small-budget projects we use use ProCoder. It does a great job at either encoding straight to SD mpeg2 from HD source or downresing to uncompressed SD.

Max
--
Blu-ray producer
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]