FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need good quality DVD AND a good menu

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corry Chapman
Need good quality DVD AND a good menu
on Dec 5, 2008 at 4:28:35 am

I'm on a DVD odyssey, looking for both good quality and a cool menu.

I'm exporting a short film from Avid MC as a QT reference file. I have burned it in several different DVD programs:

1. iDVD: great menu/titles, but fast motion is blurry and quality is not great.

2. Squeeze: Great quality DVD but a canned title/menu.

3. Toast: Cheesy menu/title tools; quality ok.

Obviously the film quality is most important, so I have to go with Squeeze for the DVDs. My question: Anybody know how to generate nice titles in Squeeze? Markers? It's unclear how that might work.

And: My MC came with Sonic Avid DVD, but it only runs on PC. Is it worth installing (which means buying) Windows XP in a VMWare window to run that program?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Need good quality DVD AND a good menu
on Dec 5, 2008 at 7:18:55 am

One thing to remember is that authoring, compression and menu design are three distinct processes. You won't find any tool which does all three well. If you like squeeze's quality then do your compression there and bring it into another tool which has nice menus. Do you have DVDSP? Better yet design your own menus.

Return to posts index

Corry Chapman
on Dec 5, 2008 at 2:28:32 pm

Thanks eric. I'd love to design my own titles. Do you mean by using photoshop for instance? But i still need to get them to work with the video, so i guess you're recommending another app for that, like dvdsp. What about DVD pro. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:07:42 pm

Yes...I would use DVDSP. Its the best "all around" authoring package in my opinion. Yes...You would design your menus in Photoshop or After Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]