FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting better quality

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Logan
Getting better quality
on Dec 2, 2008 at 4:29:28 pm

I work in a motion graphics studio and have been creating our new collateral materials, including our motion reel on dvd. The entire project has been done with full motion menus for seamless transitions using After Effects. Final authoring and encoding has been done in DVD Studio Pro.

The problem I'm having is obvious quality loss during my transitions. Gradations in the backgrounds artifact and become darker/lighter during menu to track transitions and vice versa. It almost appears as if movies used in the menus are appearing brighter than movies playing on a track.

I'm wondering if there is anyway around this. All video is encoded as 2 pass VBR, highest bit rate settings possible. Are there outside companies that will encode projects at higher quality for you? What is it that makes a professional quality/Hollywood standard DVD appear so much better than what I am achieving with DVD Studio?

Is there something I can do for better quality, or is there a company out there that I'd be able to work with to get the look I want?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]