FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple DVDs on a Blu-Ray?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Culley
Multiple DVDs on a Blu-Ray?
on Nov 26, 2008 at 12:04:29 am

I am looking for a way to place multiple full DVDs on a Blu-ray disk. I would like to have a top level menu that selected from the available DVD images, and then have the selected original DVD menu come up. Any ideas on tools?

As a second level question, I would also like to re-encode the mpeg files to one of the more advanced codecs supported by blu-ray to pack the disk a bit more.

And of course to do all of this without having to recreate the menus, chapters etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Multiple DVDs on a Blu-Ray?
on Dec 1, 2008 at 5:57:08 pm

I can't see a way this would work to be honest. No DVD player has the capacity to play multiple DVD images- it only looks at the VIDEO_TS folder which cannot have multiple disc images in it. And a Blu-Ray player can't shift from Blu-Ray to DVD playback on the same disc as far as I know. The only way this would work would be to load the Blu-Ray disc as a data disc on a computer with a Blu-Ray drive and manually select the Video_TS folder of the disc image you wanted to play. Maybe you could make a flash directory that automated this but I don't see where it's worth the effort vs. simply offering multiple physical discs. Or you reauthor each individual DVD disc as a Blu-Ray title but again way more effort than you'd gain a benefit from and probably wouldn't permit more than a couple of titles on a disc once everything is upconverted to be a proper Blu-Ray title.

Noah

Check out My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]