FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray authoring program recommendation needed

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronnie Martin
Blu Ray authoring program recommendation needed
on Nov 22, 2008 at 1:34:30 pm

I am about to make the jump from SD DVD to Blu Ray DVD production.
I need a stand alone Blu Ray authoring program. My SD program is Ulead Work Station 2. It has a simple uncluttered interface and simple minus. What are your recommendations for a simple program outside of NLE bundles for simple Blu Ray authoring? My NLE is GV/Edius 5.01 and cameras are Ex-3, ZU1, and HRV 270 all shooting HDV 1440x1080.

Thanks
Ronnie Martin

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Blu Ray authoring program recommendation needed
on Nov 22, 2008 at 4:35:07 pm

Your limited

Encore - PC/Mac - $1400 with the CS package
DVDit Pro - PC - $400
DVD Architect Pro 5 - $

Netblender's DSA - $430/Month License
Scenarist BD - $17,000
Sony Blu Print - $50,000

And Read the last Article in the new Magazine :)

http://magazine.creativecow.net/downloads.php

Return to posts index

Jeff Bach
on Dec 3, 2008 at 10:31:50 pm

I was in early to the Netblender camp and very much liked their HDDVD authoring solution. I think their Blu-ray authoring package looks as good as what they had for HDDVD. I like their pricing structure and I like the company. Looking at the prices, as Eric points out, also makes it easy to like Netblender.

But the authoring package is only one of the three MAJOR issues in the Blu-ray authoring workflow.

Unless I am mistaken, and I would love to be wrong in this case (so someone please correct me!!), you also have a significant financial hurdle to overcome courtesy of the required $US4,500.00 AACS licensing fee if you use a 3rd party replicator. In addition your Blu-ray content has to be mux'ed. Muxing is part of DVDSP but it is not part of the Blu-ray authoring tools, it is an extra step, to the tune of ~10k for purchasing the needed hard/soft ware or finding someone that can do it for you, likely for a premium, which is OK since even finding someone is hard to do at this point.
It's still early and still exciting in a nervous anxious kind of way :)
Jeff Bach
Quietwater Films

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Dec 5, 2008 at 5:26:28 pm

Hi Jeff

I believe your thinking of BD-J development. BD-J titles are coded in developer's tools like Eclipse or abstraction tools like On-Q Create. Those JAR files are then brought into an authoring application like Scenarist or Blu Print and Muxed. All authoring application have built in muxing engines.

HDMV is a different story where all the interactivity is authored withing the authoring package then also muxed. Less capabilities but still powerful.

E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]