FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDA 4.5 Next button behavior for episodic dvd

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kavon Hooshiar
DVDA 4.5 Next button behavior for episodic dvd
on Nov 13, 2008 at 4:06:56 am

Hi all,

I am using architect to make a dvd of a few short films, and I want to have the ability to play each episode separately as well as a "play all" function.

to accomplish this I have made a compilation video in vegas and then dragged it into the architect project multiple times, making each have start and end points which correspond to the different episodes, as well as the play all option.

The question I have is about the behavior of the next button when watching these titles. Pressing next chapter seems to do different things in different dvd players, (and so far my experience has been that many many things are horribly inconsistent across dvd players, and this makes me dislike the dvd standard...) and I am wondering if there is any way to make this button's behavior consistent.

On windows media player, for example, when I am watching a title that corresponds to one of the individual episodes and I press next, nothing happens. This makes a lot of sense to me, because that title has no chapters (or 1 chapter I guess) so when you press next it shouldn't do anything because there is no chapter to go to.

However when I played the dvd in VLC player or in an xbox 360 player and watched an episode, the next button actually made it skip to the next title. I suppose I could see the logic to this, but it is not what I want.

is there any way to use architect to force a single behavior for every dvd player? Or am I doomed to obey the whims of every dvd player maker?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]