FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does a button have to have an activated state graphic indication?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
Does a button have to have an activated state graphic indication?
on Oct 31, 2008 at 3:54:37 pm

My client has had their print shop design some layered menus. I told them not to do layered menus because they have potential problems but they are falling on their spears. OK. Great.

But as part of the layered menu designs...there is no graphic (Layer) for the activated state in their .psd file - just normal and selected. I have never though about this, but does there have to be a graphical indication for the activated state or can it just be click and go with no graphic confirmation?

AND ONE OTHER THING I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT... since this is a layered menu there is no mouse rollover to indicate selected, like in an overlay menu, right. The use has to physically click the button to select then click again...correct?

FYI I'm in DVD SP4

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: Does a button have to have an activated state graphic indication?
on Nov 1, 2008 at 1:32:33 pm

Mike,

No, there does not need to be an activated state indication.

[Mike Petty] "since this is a layered menu there is no mouse rollover to indicate selected, like in an overlay menu, right. The use has to physically click the button to select then click again...correct?"

No rollover indication if the user is playing the disc on a computer. And they will have to click twice. On a set-top player it should automatically go to the menu page with the appropriate set of graphics. Or is should, assuming that each button (except the one button that navigates to playback) is set to automatically activate.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]