FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD ink jet printer reccommendation

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim stuckmeyer
DVD ink jet printer reccommendation
on Oct 24, 2008 at 6:33:51 pm

Hello,

I have done a lot of reading lately on DVD duplicators, but I am still little confused. I almost bought a Medely or a Primera but now I am think of getting separate units; a stand alone DVD duplicator and a separate device that will print the labels.

Any advice? I am considering a Microboards DVD Premium 10 Drive 18x DVD Duplicator - Tower for duplicating the DVDs

and some sort of ink jet printing device for the labels.

Can someone recommend a label printer that does 20-50 at a time or more.

Any other advice is welcomed. I am a Mac person but also have a Windows computer XP home edition. Also have a separate G4.

Also is there a difference in duplication and replication?

Thanks,

Kim

kim

Return to posts index

Danny Greer
Re: DVD ink jet printer reccommendation
on Oct 27, 2008 at 5:18:16 pm

At our company we use a Primera BravoPro.

We an all Mac house, and the Primera works fine with the iMac that it's connected to.

It's quite efficient for our needs, with the only big drawback being the print cartridges are expensive. However, the printing does look quite clean.

The main thing I dislike about the Primera, is the Discribe software that we use to burn/print DVDs on the BravoPro. The software is not very intuitive and is a bit cumbersome.

Not sure if there is other software that works with the Primera Bravo. As for separate units, I can't speak to that...

danny greer
dallas, texas
http://www.dannygreer.com

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
Re: DVD ink jet printer reccommendation
on Oct 28, 2008 at 3:19:35 am

Microboards makes very good printers too. At least the GX printer I've been using has been very reliable and has good quality output.

[Kim stuckmeyer] "is there a difference in duplication and replication?"

Yes. Duplication implies that the discs are recorded (burned) on recordable media. Replication implies that the discs are manufactured by using a stamper (created from a "glass master") and injection molding. Unless you have few million bucks handy you probably won't be buying a replication system.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]