FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving a lost program

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Wilcox
Saving a lost program
on Oct 23, 2008 at 9:59:57 pm

My hard drive crashed and I lost my DVD program icon and files. However, I have a DVD made from the latest version. It has the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS files intact. I have transferred them to a hard drive, opened DVDSP and attempted to burn a new disc. It didn't work. The error message said,

"The source location folder does not include the build-generated layout file that specifies the format settings. All formatting parameters will default to the current open DVD project or to initial default values."

Am I cooked? The folders on my existing hard drive contain the content with about 3 gig of files and it all looks right. The original program contained one menu with about 10 choices. I have DVDSP 4.

If there is no way to use the old AUDIO/VIDEO files, then I'll have to copy the DVD to FCP, put in chapter markers, select just the program, compress it, and re-create the menu and re-author it in DVDSP, no? Anybody got other ideas before I go to this much work? I'm hoping someone else has had this trouble and come up with a clever workaround!

Susan
Full Duck Productions

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
Re: Saving a lost program
on Oct 23, 2008 at 10:31:31 pm

Not a big deal You need to extract your MPEG and audio file with MPEG Stream clip and re-author from scratch.

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Return to posts index

Susan Wilcox
on Oct 23, 2008 at 10:47:50 pm

Eric: Sounds as if this would do it. I'm hoping this is not a big deal! I downloaded MPEG Stream and put it in my Applications folder. It showed up on my finder as a Device. It contains the application and a folder of extras, but the extra docs don't really tell me how to use it. Got any tips?

Susan

Full Duck Productions

Return to posts index

Susan Wilcox
on Oct 23, 2008 at 10:51:02 pm

Oops, now I see what you mean by looking in Help, which is in the program. I am printing it out. Hopefully, this will answer everything. Thanks a million!

Susan

Full Duck Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]