FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting and burning 16x9 sequence properly

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Andrews
Exporting and burning 16x9 sequence properly
on Oct 23, 2008 at 7:06:10 pm

Can anyone tell me how to take a sequence in Final Cut Pro 6 that has all sorts of files formats within it (4x3, 16x9, Pal, NTSC, etc, pre-matted frames...) and export it as 16x9. Right now when I export the sequence as anamorphic 720x480 (853x480), it looks fine in the quick time but when I take it and put it in dvd studio pro and select the 16x9 frame size for the track, some of it comes out looking squeezed. it seems that dvd studio pro is laying it's own matte at the top and bottom of the frame and for the portions that already have a matte built in, it is squeezing the frame to lay over it's own matte (so it looks like it has a double matte). any idea how i can work around this issue? in the end i will need for the matte to be consistent. i can create a matte to lay over the entire sequence in final cut and export it but i don't know how to make dvd studio pro not embed it's own matte on the top and bottom and squeeze the frame? i'm wondering if i should export the sequence at 1920 by 1080 or 1440 x 1080 or crop off the built-in matte on some of the footage?

Return to posts index

Danny Greer
Re: Exporting and burning 16x9 sequence properly
on Oct 27, 2008 at 5:32:38 pm

Yo Sarah,
It looks to me like your issue is in FCP, and how you have your sequence set up there.

Because you're working in different aspect ratios fix this up in FCP.

If you want it all letterboxed, apply a letterbox to your 4:3 footage in FCP and keep the letterboxed stuff, well, letterboxed. Export it Full Res, 720X480 (if it's SD)

Bring it into DVD SP and do 4:3 aspect ratio (720x480)

This way all your footage will be letterboxed and in the correct aspect ratio.

Does that answer ya question?

danny greer
dallas, texas
http://www.dannygreer.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]