FORUMS: list search recent posts

Play DVD format from hard drive

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McMullin
Play DVD format from hard drive
on Oct 23, 2008 at 10:24:02 am

Hi everyone,

I have a client that doesn't want to play their DVD from the DVD drive but wants it to play from files on a hard drive.

I'm on Mac and seem to be able to mount an img file onto my desktop and then play from the mounted folder. But I can't work out how to do it on a pc.

Is it possible, or am I better off using some other programme like flash or Director? Trouble is I'm no expert on those programmes.

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Play DVD format from hard drive
on Oct 23, 2008 at 2:58:59 pm

Nearly any software DVD player on a PC can do this- look in the help file for Play Video_TS folder or the like.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 23, 2008 at 3:00:24 pm

I guess I need to learn to type faster, you beat me!

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 23, 2008 at 2:59:10 pm

Hi John,

Some of the software DVD players for the PC will offer the option to play from the hard drive, and with this option you just specify the "VIDEO_TS" folder to use as a source

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John McMullin
on Oct 23, 2008 at 6:13:55 pm

Thanks. I actually tried to do this with Windows Media Player but it didn't seem to work. Was using an HDDVD though.

Will try again.

Thanks again,

John

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:59:05 pm

If you are trying to playback a DVD on a PC without a 3rd party Software player (PowerDVD, WinDVD, Arcsoft) and are going to use Windows Media Player you need to buy the mpeg2 decoder. This decoder comes with all 3rd party players but a stock PC does not have it and therefor cannot playback a DVD. Usually a warning will come up telling you this if you do not have it and are trying to play in WMP.

-luke

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]