FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Forced Chapter Issue

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Zimmermann
DVD Studio Forced Chapter Issue
on Oct 23, 2008 at 4:49:07 am

What's up everyone? First time post.

Quick question, I'm trying to 'watermark' a DVD without having to first send the video through Final Cut Pro to Add Text. I've been playing with the subtitle feature on DVD Studio in hopes of basically simulating the write on with a subtitle. Something to the extent of 'Property of , Watermarked do not copy."

Anyways, so I've added a subtitle line and clicked the FORCE Subtitle option. When I play it on a dvd player and I hit the fast forward button at all, the subtitles go away for the remainder of the short film. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get the subtitle to stay put (on top of the video?) Or further, is there an easier way to write on the movie in DVD Studio Pro? Any suggestions would be much welcomed.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
Re: DVD Studio Forced Chapter Issue
on Oct 23, 2008 at 2:12:38 pm

You'll need to pass it through FCP. Subtitles do not play during FF/REW on most players -- there's nothing you can do on your end to change that.

Max
--
Blu-ray producer
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 23, 2008 at 6:14:56 pm

If you chop up your subtitles so a new one starts say every 5 minutes after FF the subtitle will come back on.

One other issue you have doing it this way, if someone rips the video off the disc the subtitles are removed. Better to just spend the time doing it in FCP or with compressor, you can add a watermark at the time you encode the m2v.

Return to posts index

Eric Zimmermann
on Oct 24, 2008 at 7:21:44 am

Great to know about people being able to rip it off without the subtitle. I actually ended up doing titles every minutes or so, but if they can still rip it off I'll discontinue that. I found the option in compressor. It's too bad DVD doesn't have something like that. I hate to waste another hour outputting features from FCP.

Nonetheless, thanks,

Z

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]