FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore / Layer Break Cell problem.... please help!!!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dene Wilby
Encore / Layer Break Cell problem.... please help!!!
on Oct 21, 2008 at 2:16:24 pm

Hi all

I have recently finished my first Dual Layer Encore CS3 project and sent it off to Sonopress for duplication. I just sent a regular Verbatim DVD+R DL which they said was fine to duplicate from.

I received an error report from them today which says:

Layer 1 of the DVD-Video image does not start with a new Cell.

(specifications require that a Cell must be recorded within a layer. This means that a cell cannot cross layers. Therefor on a dual-layer image, the DVD-Video information on Layer 1 must start with a new Cell. This problem is caused by teh authoring system that created the image.)

Please please can someone advise me on this as they need another copy ASAP and I don't know how to solve the problem.

FYI, I just let Encore select the layer break automatically.

Actually, I burnt the image to my hard drive and burnt a disc in Nero. Would the solution be to burn the disc from within Encore? (this just occurred to me)

Thanks

Dene

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
Re: Encore / Layer Break Cell problem.... please help!!!
on Oct 21, 2008 at 4:45:37 pm

Do not burn with a third party burning software. They ignore the layer break and burn the image how it sees fit. Burn directly from Encore or write to DLT.

Return to posts index

Dene Wilby
Re: Encore / Layer Break Cell problem.... please help!!!
on Oct 21, 2008 at 4:52:41 pm

Thanks mate. I'm burning from Encore now, I had a feeling that was the issue.

There was such a tight deadline for this. I wanted to borrow a DLT machine from a friend but thought this would be the quickest way. Turns out I was wrong :-(

Thanks again

Dene

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]