FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lens Flare Off DVDA Burn?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Sherman
Lens Flare Off DVDA Burn?
on Oct 17, 2008 at 1:17:21 am

Hi,
After burning my project in DVDA I noticed on one of my stills that the lens Flare is off the location that I placed it on in Vegas. Here's the odd thing; The Lens Flare "is" in proper placement when previewing in DVDA (before burning). It's "not" in proper placement on my burned DVD. The Lens Flare is off by about two inches of where it's supposed to be. I don't understand why it won't burn the way it's being previewed. If you have any idea why this is happening, please let me know. Thanks, Ray

Return to posts index

David Mackenzie
Re: Lens Flare Off DVDA Burn?
on Oct 18, 2008 at 3:03:47 pm

Are you somehow importing .VEG project files into DVD Architect, and having it render those to MPEG-2 directly? (I'm not sure if that's even possible!)

If this is the case though, it sounds like there's an Aspect Ratio setting gone awry somewhere. I've found that with Vegas, slight differences can creep in even when the Ratio settings are the same, when you begin switching around programs.

My suggestion, if you aren't already doing this: open Vegas and use File > Render As to save an .AVI file of the video. Use an aspect ratio setting which matches the original project (1.45 or whatever - copy whatever is in your Project Properties screen into the Aspect Ratio dialogue in the "Export" window). Then use a lossless codec like Sony YUV Codec, and save the AVI file to disk. Then, import that into DVD Architect.

If you still get the same problem, make sure that the lens flare isn't out of place in the source AVI file you just rendered. If it is, go back to Vegas, find the element with the lens flare on it, and make sure its Aspect Ratio is set correctly.

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
Re: Lens Flare Off DVDA Burn?
on Oct 19, 2008 at 1:15:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I tried all that was suggested. I did redo that certain still along with the Lens Flare in which it worked out on DVD. I don't know what the problem was, but all is ok since I redone it. I'd like to add that I have about 70 stills in this project. I used Lens Flare on approx. 30 of them with no problems with the exception of this one.
As always, I appreciate all your help and this forum. Thanks, Ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]