FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demuxed M2V with Scenarist problem HELP!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Smith
Demuxed M2V with Scenarist problem HELP!
on Oct 16, 2008 at 11:40:43 pm

Argh! I've been using DVD Demuxer for a while, and lately I've been demuxing DVDs for use with Scenarist and every time I go to attach a Line 21 caption file, Scenarist tells me that it already has a Line 21 file. I've only recently had this problem. It says "yes" there and does not allow me to do anything. This happens with demuxed streams from VobEdit and DVD Decryptor as well. I cannot figure out what is going on. Any of you Big-Brains have that problem yet?? Heeeelp!

Thanks!

-Dave

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
Re: Demuxed M2V with Scenarist problem HELP!
on Oct 17, 2008 at 12:06:53 pm

In DVD Demuxer are you setting the CC settings to extract CC as a separate file? If you do not do this then the CC will stay embedded in the M2V file. So if you try to add another CC file it will say it already has Line 21 data.

To test you can try outputting the Video_TS and play in a soft player with CC display on and see if the line 21 data comes up.

Another test is you could get the demo of DVD Reauthor Pro and see if it has the same issues. Killer program and works hand in hand with Scenarist.

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Demuxed M2V with Scenarist problem HELP!
on Oct 17, 2008 at 5:05:51 pm

Thanks for that reply, Lucas. Not sure if I was very clear in my question, but these are DVDs that I am 100 percent sure DO NOT have closed captions. So when I pull in the demuxed files it is puzzling to see that Scenarist "thinks" there is a caption file already attached. I've looked for settings referring to captions in these demuxers but I have not seen anything that refers to them yet. I think they are somehow mislabeling the m2v files as having captions. If you have any more ideas I'd love to hear them. Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]