FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replicated DVD's not working

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Collins
Replicated DVD's not working
on Oct 14, 2008 at 12:59:13 am

Hi,

We've finished a project for a client a few months back, that was a 12 disc DVD series. We exported from FCP using compressor, authored using DVD Studio Pro 4, double checked all disc with a seperate DVD player, and the discs were then once again checked by the client on a different branded DVD player, given the all clear, and then sent on by the client to a duplication facility. The DVD's are now being distributed amongst the general public, and we are hearing of a few issues.

Some duplicated DVD's are having issues playing, however, the same faults are not found in all the replicated DVD's. For example, one customer is having trouble playing DVD 12 for example, but no-one else seems to be encountering the same problems.

I would think that the issue either lies in the duplication process, or perhaps in the customers DVD players themselves, but am happy to be told otherwise.

I need to give our client some advice as to what to do, or if the problem lies in the authoring process, please advise of some general steps we could take to try and narrow down the problem.

I know I haven't given too much detail to specific errors, but any general advice, or similar experiences (with solutions!) would be appreciated.

thankyou!

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
Re: Replicated DVD's not working
on Oct 14, 2008 at 2:04:41 pm

Duplication and replication are two very different processes. If your discs were duplicated, the compatibility rate of your client's product will be about 96% (may be a little higher now) on single layer discs. It's closer to 90% on dual-layer DVDs. Given you made 12, and a bunch of copies of each, chances are some of these will not play on certain players.

Max
--
Blu-ray producer
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]