FORUMS: list search recent posts

navigation on a dvd player plays tracts

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Vennari
navigation on a dvd player plays tracts
on Oct 9, 2008 at 12:19:38 am

I have a simple menu with two buttons. My menu background is a flattened jpeg and the assets connected to my buttons are tiff based FCP exports. The menu works fine when I use a mouse. But when I use arrow buttons on a computer or dvd player, up-down-left-right, all play the first button instead of highlighting either button.
All I want to do is make sure the viewer can navigate between the two buttons.
I tried to manually restrict the navigation in the inspector under the button's advanced configurations. But SP automatically sets all four directions to the assets connected to the buttons.

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
Re: navigation on a dvd player plays tracts
on Oct 9, 2008 at 8:18:57 pm

That's weird. Are you sure the buttons aren't overlapping? I take it both are set to different tracks? Also, make sure the background is truly set, and not as a button itself. That's all I can think of in terms of button issues.

-Keith

My Weekly Comic for TV Techs: http://fpscomic.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Vennari
on Oct 9, 2008 at 10:58:53 pm

hat's weird. Are you sure the buttons aren't overlapping? I take it both are set to different tracks? Also, make sure the background is truly set, and not as a button itself. That's all I can think of in terms of button issues.

I am sure the buttons are not overlapping. And yes, both buttons are set to different tracks, which play fine on a computer. On a DVD player the arrow keys play the first track, the play button plays the second.
I am pretty sure the background is truely set and not a button. When I inspect the menu, it shows the background as the psd I am using. I'm not sure how it would become a button.
Any ideas on the navigation front?

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
on Oct 14, 2008 at 10:44:50 pm

I would check to see if the remote controls (User Operations under Advanced in the Inspector window) are set to other functions, for either button. Also, I would check the Inspector for the DVD itself to make sure no User Operations are set to something else.

It sounds like either a remote control setting or the mapping of your buttons.

My Weekly Comic for TV Techs: http://fpscomic.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]