FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make intro to dvd

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Gray
How to make intro to dvd
on Oct 7, 2008 at 9:25:48 am

I'm using dvd studio pro and want to place a 20 second title intro before the main menu comes up. At the minute I only know how to make the menu so that when the dvd is played the main menu appears but I want to put a short title movie before this that the viewer has to watch and cannot skip. Can anyone advise? Thanks Keith

Keith Gray

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
Re: How to make intro to dvd
on Oct 7, 2008 at 7:41:38 pm

The easiest way to accomplish that is create a track with that intro video, and set the "first play" to that track, and the "end jump" of the track to the menu.

The "First Play" can be enabled in a number of ways, but if you go way to the left, in Graphical View (it should have two tabs--Graphical and Outline), and once you've created a track, Control-click the icon for that track, and click on First Play. You'll see a little DVD/Play icon supered over the icon for the track when it's set to First Play.

For the "End Jump" of the track, make sure the track is selected (click on an empty spot in the timeline), and go to the Inspector (usually bottom right corner). You should see the track's name at the top, and "End Jump." In the drop-down for End Jump, select the menu, or even specific buttons on the menu to start on. If you want, you can disable remote controls by going into the Inspector again, under User Operations. Here, when an option is checked, it's disabled (not enabled). You can choose what to disable.

Hope this helps,
Keith

My Weekly Comic for TV Techs: http://fpscomic.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]