FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion artifacting?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Lally
Motion artifacting?
on Oct 6, 2008 at 2:28:23 pm

Hello all,
I am attempting to burn a one hour and 43 minute program to a playable dvd. I'm using DVD studio pro. My working method has been to export a final cut movie using current settings (10 bit uncompressed NTSC on a kona card), importing this as an asset into DVD studio pro, then burning it to a dvd. The only problem is, the final product looks shakey any time there's significant camera movement. I think I'm looking at motion artifacting or some other issue that basically means there's too much going on in the frame and the compression rate is too low. The quicktime looks fine in final cut pro and on an ntsc monitor prior to burning. What settings should I be changing in dvd studio pro to get a better result? Should I test out smaller pieces of the film with different settings and work with the best results? If anybody has any tips on how to do this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

"Without lamps, there'd be no light."

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Motion artifacting?
on Oct 6, 2008 at 8:18:23 pm

Hi,

Not a Mac user but the data rate for the 103 minutes of content will be around 5300. Also, choosing VBR encoding may be helpful rather than CBR if complex scenes are showing artifacting. Be sure to use Dolby AC-3 audio, PCM audio will take up too much space

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Rebecca Lally
Re: Motion artifacting?
on Oct 6, 2008 at 10:42:05 pm

That's very helpful. Thank you. I'm also going to try to compress the file prior to dropping it into studio pro.

"Without lamps, there'd be no light."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]