FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC to PAL

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Whitley
NTSC to PAL
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:05:21 pm

Hello,

I have a huge dilemma. I recently finished a series of 4 DVD's that were authored with Sony DVD Architect 4. After finishing the DVD's I lost almost all of the associated files due to a bad external hard drive.

I now need to make all 4 DVD's PAL! I still have the 4 DVD's in NTSC format, so I am able to rip and copy these discs all I want.

Is there a way to grab the info from the NTSC versions and simply burn new discs in PAL?

Thanks so much.

If I have to remake the 4 projects withing Architect it will take an eternity.

Corey Whitley

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: NTSC to PAL
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:25:01 pm

I don't use Architect but everything will have to be re-authored with all the assets converted to PAL before authoring.

So the only real extra work is the ripping of the movies from existing DVDs (a long with the quality hit for re-encoding but you would still have to re-author the project. But this is something you should be able to charge for.

Return to posts index

Corey Whitley
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:59:29 pm

Thanks

With Architect you are able to burn your project as either a NTSC or PAL DVD upon output, and the conversion will happen within the program. Unfortunately I need to recreate all of the menus, buttons etc. It is going to be a pain.

Corey Whitley

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Oct 2, 2008 at 8:04:08 pm

Hi Corey,

The truth is, you don't have to convert to PAL! PAL DVD players will play NTSC DVDs just fine, they are just built that way.

I did a training DVD in NTSC and we have sold copies worldwide without issue.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Corey Whitley
on Oct 2, 2008 at 9:59:13 pm

Interesting Jeff. Thanks for the heads up.

Corey Whitley

Return to posts index

David Mackenzie
on Oct 18, 2008 at 3:17:56 pm

Yes, NTSC will be fine for most instances in Europe (very old TVs will have trouble).

A word of warning: if you do go down the conversion route, don't use DVD Architect's internal NTSC>PAL conversion. Unless it's changed, it's a very quick, poor quality method which will simply skip 5 frames per second to meet the PAL speed. So, you'd have juddery motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]