FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression settings for widescreen dvd

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlos cidre
compression settings for widescreen dvd
on Oct 1, 2008 at 10:26:33 pm

hello everyone!
i need to create a dvd that will playback in a regular dvd player with a widescreen hd tv... what settings should i use for my composition? if i have a composition with other settings can i change them or drag them to another comp with the appropriate settings?

thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: compression settings for widescreen dvd
on Oct 1, 2008 at 10:57:44 pm

Your footage must be shoot and edited as 16:9 anamorphic and you set the aspect ratio to 16:9 in the encode preset in Compressor (or other encoder).

Return to posts index

carlos cidre
on Oct 2, 2008 at 2:30:50 pm

hey michael, thanks for the response.
i actually don't need to shoot anything, its all graphics. so what would these settings be in after effects?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:28:24 pm

I'm not an AE user so I don't know how to handle existing comps but for the new ones you would want to use either Animation or 10-bit Uncompressed at 720x480 widescreen (1.2 aspect ratio).

Return to posts index

carlos cidre
on Oct 2, 2008 at 6:16:08 pm

thanks! ok so how about this. i have all my after effects stuff in final cut. i nested it all in an ntsc sequence... im monitoring througha proper ntsc monitor from my blackmagic card and it all looks great... its letterboxed but the graphics look how they should. there's a checkered background and the squares look well.. like squares.. so what im seeing on the reference montior is ok by me... what settings should i use in final cut, compressor and dvd studio pro to make this look like im seeing in my monitor! thank you so much for all your help!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 2, 2008 at 6:45:54 pm

Everything needs to be set to 16:9 (in FCP anamorphic)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]