FORUMS: list search recent posts

1 button blurred all the rest of the buttons are fine

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Mc Cabe
1 button blurred all the rest of the buttons are fine
on Sep 30, 2008 at 3:16:12 pm

I adjusted a standard Encore supplied menu in Photoshop, imported it into encore and gave it a motion background and audio, all fine. When I export to dvd one of the text buttons is blurred, the button is made from with the exact same font as all the rest if the buttones, the only difference is that it's red. Could it be the fact that it's red, or could there be something else? Any Thoughts?

Thanks
Patrick

Return to posts index

Patrick Mc Cabe
Re: 1 button blurred all the rest of the buttons are fine
on Oct 1, 2008 at 9:07:32 am

I Have more information on this topic. I changed the button 's colour to one or the other buttons' colour and it work in the different colour, i.e. it did not blurr on render, however the origional colour is a corporate brand and must be used. Is there somethin I can change in Encore that renders this colour properly? Remeber it looks fine in preview, it's only on render to DVD that the blurr emerges

Thanks
Patrick

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
on Oct 1, 2008 at 10:57:00 am

Red is nearly always a bad color to use in video, and is often the first to shoot over the legal limits for broadcast.

Have you tried looking at this blurring on multiple computers/TVs/monitors? I remember being thrown off myself by some encoding I did on a rich red color in the shot(s), but when I viewed it on a TV, it ended up being fine. In the preview/viewer, all the red portions would look blocky and pixelated.

It might help to bring down the saturation of the red, if that's within your boundaries. In general, the more saturated the red, the worse it can bleed and such.

Hope this helps,
Keith

My Weekly Comic for TV Techs: http://fpscomic.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

Patrick Mc Cabe
on Oct 1, 2008 at 1:10:08 pm

Sadly, yes I did try it in other monitors, I also swapped the position of the button with a different button, in case it was something transparent that was doing the blurring, however, when I moved the button the blur (only upon render) moved with it.

Thanks
Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]