FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray/DVD replication

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Barry
Blu-Ray/DVD replication
on Sep 19, 2008 at 11:15:04 pm

Does anyone know of a replication house that can make a disc that on one side is Blu-ray and on the other is standard def DVD? I know this was done with HDDVD and standard DVD, but I have a title that needs both blu ray and DVD mastering and replication, I would love to do the same thing and keep them on one disc rather than have to pay the extra fees to master two discs. thoughts?

Return to posts index

Max Kovalsky
Re: Blu-Ray/DVD replication
on Sep 20, 2008 at 12:04:13 am

Don't think any replicators are offering that. But even if they did, you'd have to pay for mastering of both BD and DVD and a fee for pressing the DVD side and gluing the two together. Don't think it'd be any cheaper than pressing two discs. Call Sony DADC, Sonopress or Cinram for a definitive answer.

Max
--
Blu-ray author/producer
New York
Area4.tv

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 20, 2008 at 3:45:12 pm

Never seen one like that. Not saying it's not technically possible(though it might not be) just don't think it's being done. Personally I'd just release in both formats, that's what the hollywood studios are doing. In fact I remember one of the chief differences between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray that was being touted was the ability to create a disc in DVD and HD-DVD whereas this was never a reported feature of Blu-Ray.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Airam David
on Nov 21, 2008 at 7:17:40 am

You are smart enough to make this difference in mind. This is a good way to learn things and keep them in your memory. another difference for you to remember,

For HD DVD, that means capacities of 15GB and 30GB; for Blu-ray, it's 25GB and 50GB.

Hope it will work.

dvd replication

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]