FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDSP 4 and DVD Player compatibalty problems.. Help!

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryant Gover
DVDSP 4 and DVD Player compatibalty problems.. Help!
on Sep 16, 2008 at 1:36:09 pm

SO I have a project I shot on two Sony HVR-A1's in HDV. I captured using one of these cameras to my Powerbook G4 laptop. Didi all editing in FCP 6.0.4 then I exported using Compressor 3.0.3
Video Encoder
Format: M2V
Width: 720
Height: 576
Pixel aspect ratio: PAL CCIR 601 (16:9)
Crop: None
Padding: None
Frame rate: 25
Frame Controls: Automatically selected: Off
Start timecode from source
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Field dominance: Automatic
Average data rate: 5.8 (Mbps)
2 Pass VBR enabled
Maximum data rate: 7.8 (Mbps)
High quality
Best motion estimation
Closed GOP Size: 12, Structure: IBBP

I then Imported all assets into DVDSP 4.2.1 and did the menus in Photoshop CS3
I'm choosing all regions and NO Copyright
the Project is a PAL format all the way.. Using Philips DVD+RDL 8X Printable DVDs.
I don't think I have missed anything..

I have tried to build and burn in DVDSP with no errors coming up. Also I tried to buld then burn from Tost 9 using the TS folder with NO Region code..

Here is the problem I can't play the DVD on my player Daewoo DVG9000N
and on my friends player it takes for ever for the dvd to be recognized but it does play only I have had it jam in two places.. I have reexported using the same method in compressor because I found a video glitch (maybe I was asking my computer to do too much at one time)

Now the DVD's play in any computer I have tried and also a portable DVD player but still I need to know if there is something I'm missing in finding what home players DVDSP is compatible with..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Bryant

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVDSP 4 and DVD Player compatibalty problems.. Help!
on Sep 16, 2008 at 5:35:54 pm

[Bryant Gover] "with NO Region code"

I don't have Toast 9 but are you really setting the disc to have NO region code? Most of the time this should be set to ALL or at least the one you are living in.

I only used Verbatim DL disc, I tried a couple other brands and they didn't work but that was years ago, I just stick with what I know works.

What happens when you Build and Format the disc all within DVDSP? Do these disc work?

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
Re: DVDSP 4 and DVD Player compatibalty problems.. Help!
on Sep 19, 2008 at 8:31:56 pm

For maximum compatibility, I wouldn't go higher than about 10 Mbps total bit rate (AV + MAX; audio is constant bit rate). This is what often causes (especially older) DVD players to not work or lag.

Try lowering them and see what happens (at least 1 mb difference between the AV. + MAX., if using VBR).

My Weekly Comic for TV Techs: http://fpscomic.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]