FORUMS: list search recent posts

Credit where credits due...

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Bird
Credit where credits due...
on Sep 12, 2008 at 8:43:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Not sure where else to post this... Any suggestions on putting it somewhere else for a better response would be much appreciated.

I worked on a documentary earlier this year for 2 months (it dragged its feet to say the least) and after having taken multiple roles throughout, I was finally credited, amongst other things, as the editor. Since I finished up, the client made a couple of changes during an afternoon, totaling approx 1 minute of changes to a 40 minute piece. The new editor has been credited as 'additional editor', I guess as I did the offline and online and they dont know how else to title him.

My problem with this is that I invested a lot of time and energy into the doc, and it feels like an insult to all of that effort to have someone come in and make such a minor change and get, what feels like, an equal credit to an unequal amount of work.

Is there anything I can do to change this? Am I being ridiculous to even think of raising it with the client? It was a very small crew, so it feels more significant. I'm not trying to undervalue the other editors work so much as get the proportionate credit to my work.

As a final note, i think its worth mentioning that the other editor is the clients son, has had no training and hasn't worked with any edit suite or editing software prior to this job.

Any thoughts on this would be hugely appreciated.

Best,

Marcus

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Credit where credits due...
on Sep 13, 2008 at 9:26:01 am

This is kind of tough. If its the client's idea normally it is not worth fighting. I might ask if they could use a better term than additional, maybe jr. editor or assistant. But this is a what goes around comes around kind of thing. I author a DVD for a client and they were a couple of fixes, simple edit and a composite mask to cover up a mistake, I guess I should have pull for a gfx credit. Man I wouldn't even think of asking for that.

Just grin and bear it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]