FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you get the PLAY button to continue where left off? DVD SP

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Donnelly
How do you get the PLAY button to continue where left off? DVD SP
on Sep 10, 2008 at 10:44:01 pm

Can someone please help me, i am not sure how to set up a dvd so when you are watching the main video on the DVD and you click menu, to have the DVD continue playing from where you left off before MENU was clicked.
Please, someone

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: How do you get the PLAY button to continue where left off? DVD SP
on Sep 11, 2008 at 11:12:39 am

That's a function of the DVD player itself and not something you control. Some do this automatically some don't.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Sep 11, 2008 at 11:45:22 am

And another question, but the other way around:
I'm using GPRM's to set language choice, how can i turn OFF the resume function?
Some scripts will mess up when there is no GPRM set on resume, and from a bit testing i have the feeling i cannot trust an unset GPRM to be zero.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

Brandon Donnelly
on Sep 16, 2008 at 10:32:31 pm

But there has to be some way to set up the DVD so if you press menu once the dvd is playing and you go into the main menu for the language features, to turn on subtitles of a specific language, then you can click resume to take off where you left off vs. restarting the movie from scratch. This can't be just the DVD player, there has to be some way to have it take off where you left off because i think people would go crazy if it always restarted (ive used many different dvd players and the dvds always take off where they left off when menu was selected). I know you can change sub title streams with a subtitle button on a dvd remote but for some reason people dont realize this and want to turn subs on in the menu and continue from where they left off (we've received complaints from people on this, so im trying to make it super easy)....

This is the main issue i posted for. I thought just learning a resume function would solve this, but im guessing i didnt explain myself properly.

Can you help me?

Return to posts index

Trai Forrester
on Sep 20, 2008 at 7:22:24 am

Hi Brandon,

Any menu button you create in DVD Studio Pro in a Menu Object can be set to resume in the pop down menu for the button, and elsewhere.

You'll probably only want to allow the viewer to activate this button when there's resume info available from your main show (not the FBI warning, special features, etc.) So, you might create a duplicate setup menu that has a resume button in the menu graphic, that's only accessed by your main movie Tracks' remote menu calls (simple Connections settings), and from the Title menu if the resume info loaded in the player's buffer is from the Movie - this option would take a bit of scripting, though.

There may be other considerations to keep control of what's resumed to, according to your project.

Take care,

Trai

--
Trai Forrester
TFDVD Research Labs
DVDVerification.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]