FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best DVDRipper

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald Lindkvist
Best DVDRipper
on Sep 10, 2008 at 9:43:25 am

Hi guys,
i have a ton of episodes to rip for my employer. I have played around with the first 20 different rippers, but none of the rippers out there, could actually do the job as i wanted.

Some extort the sound level, some rips fine, but the rip can't be opened afterwards in Premiere or Final Cut.

I have tried xilisofts ripper, dvdfab, jesterware end many others. But which ripper do YOU find most professional.

What I need is a compressionless rip to avi/mov/wmv with compressionless sound - aka a 1:1 rip that will open in a timeline afterwards.

Any input will be highly appreciated, so thanks in advance!
Regards
Ron

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Best DVDRipper
on Sep 10, 2008 at 4:49:16 pm

You need a tool that extracts assets form a disc, not rippers. Rippers remove CSS which is illegal.

MPEG Stream Clip is what I use.

http://www.squared5.com/

Return to posts index

Brandon Donnelly
on Sep 10, 2008 at 10:48:10 pm

Yiu can't rip off a dvd and put it right into FCP, its not possible and if it is i wouldnt recommend that way as a ripping software wouldnt mean they know how to convert.

A DVD must be ripped and will always give you a VIdeo TS folder which cannot be opened in FCP or premiere. You need to rip the dvd then convert all files in MPEG Streamclip to QT files (i do it this way).....

I use mac the ripper on mac then throw it into Streamclip then im ready to edit at a great quality level

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindkvist
on Sep 11, 2008 at 8:26:20 am

Thanks Eric and Brandon!
I have learned something very valuable through your posts.
I never understood, WHY I couldn't open a directly ripped mov/avi/wmv file in any editors. I do now, and will try my newly obtained "technology" right away.

Thanks thanks thanks :)
Best regards
Ron

Return to posts index

Lucas Fazzary
on Sep 11, 2008 at 4:02:05 pm

For Mac try Cinematize, for PC TMPGENC works great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]