FORUMS: list search recent posts

URGENT: VOBU length & number of sectors disagree

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
URGENT: VOBU length & number of sectors disagree
on Sep 5, 2008 at 3:48:41 pm

Hello.

I authored a DVD using DVDSP 4.1 (the recent version updated with FCP 6 (FCP Studio 2). Some of the tracks I used were converted using FCP 5.1 (exported straight to m2v/aiff using Quicktime Conversion), others using Compressor coming from FCP6 and yet others were imported in DVDSP raw, DV NTSC and encoded within DVDSP.

Tested the DVD, works fine.

Then sent it to a duplication (is this the term?) facility (Videolar, in Brazil, were I work), which asked for DDP 2.00, CMF 1.00 or DDP 2.10 format. I exported from DVSP all three formats, which each generated a DVD folder (VIDEO_TS + AUDIO_TS) as well as a folder named TAPE FILES. Appparently, the TAPE FILES folder is the only one they need for this duplication process, am I correct?

But the problem is that they have received several burns I have made, using this approach, and they keep sending me back the error message that "VOBU length & number of sectors disagree".
Apparently the Control File informs: 226, while the actual read on the Master: 177

While my DVD-Rs are high quality RIDATA media burned at slowest speed and verified with Toast Titanium 9, the DVD-Rs are NOT "For Authoring" nor is my burner a pro burner, but they said this is not necessary because I am sending images of the DVDs. I am using 2 different burners, internal 2008 PowerMac DualCore SuperDrive as well as external FW burner which is 2 years old almost).

What am I doing wrong? Is it a problem with the encoding? Is it some disparity between the VIDEO_TS folder and the TAPE FILES dvd? Any light on this issue will help save me from a frustrating job...!

They think its some error while recording the Master. Now which is the Master: the one containing VIDEO_TS folder or the TAPE FILES one?

thanks,
ALan Langdon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]