FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem the 'next' button in DVDSP 4

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Fleischel
Problem the 'next' button in DVDSP 4
on Aug 28, 2008 at 8:11:35 pm

Hello-

I have a fairly complex (sDVD project that I've built. There are 12 long video clips (approx. 10 minutes each) that are subdivided into dozens of chapters. There is a 'play all' button on the main menu and the DVD is, generally speaking, designed to continue playing each track sequentially until after the closing credits. My issue is that, when you press the 'next' button on the remote control during the last chapter on each track, it skips back to the first chapter of the same track, not the first chapter of the following track, like it would if you let the program play and is the way I intend the functionality to be.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ben Trahair
Re: Problem the 'next' button in DVDSP 4
on Aug 29, 2008 at 10:04:25 am

Sorry to write this off the back of your problem but I am having a very similar issue at the moment - when using the chapter skip button on the last chapter of my track rather than returning to the dvd menu specified in the end jump it simply replays the first chapter on my play all menu.
I don't have a fix at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

http://www.bentrahair.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 29, 2008 at 10:31:42 pm

the problem is that the next chapter button is not meant to do that and it is left up to a player design as to what it does next. Some will do what you want (but in the order of the title sets) some will do nothing, and some will do what you are describing). To get it to anyways do what you want you need to place all the videos in the same track and then split them as needed with stories.

Of in DVDSP you can set the tracks "next jump" to the next track's first chapter. This is done in the connections tab. Make sure you also set the "prev jump to the previous' track's last chapter. Not sure how consistent this will work.

Return to posts index

Ben Trahair
on Sep 7, 2008 at 9:44:20 pm

Thanks very much Michael. I was able to resolve my issue through user operations/disabling the next button for the last chapter in the track that was doing strange things and it seems all ok.

http://www.bentrahair.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]