FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD to folder using DVD@ccess

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Sargent
DVD to folder using DVD@ccess
on Aug 26, 2008 at 2:05:31 pm

Hello,
Our client wants a DVD to access a folder of pdf's, not just one pdf file. We can use DVDSP 4.0 to bring up a single pdf using DVD@ccess by placing file:///Pages.pdf, but can DVDSP be told to access a folder? There are a lot of documents that the user may reference, and he would prefer the DVD not have individual buttons for each document.

Thank you for any assistance!

Return to posts index

Eric Pautsch
Re: DVD to folder using DVD@ccess
on Aug 26, 2008 at 6:45:00 pm

There are many questions and alot of confusion on DVD@ccess in the past 2 years. The only answer I can give you is DO NOT USE IT! Its an old feature of DVDSP that should be taken out but hasn't.

Return to posts index

Rick Sargent
on Aug 26, 2008 at 9:53:06 pm

Ok...do you have any suggestions on how to access the multiple page pdf files using DVDSP or another authoring program?

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Aug 26, 2008 at 10:27:31 pm

No...The DVD spec doesn't support accessing "outside" files. This was done using third party apps like Access or Interactual player. Tools like eDVD or Intellidisc were used to create this functionality but aren't sold or supported anymore.

The ONLY reliable way to a access your PDFs is to create a menu explaing the user how to find the root of the disc - Add your ROM content there.

Basically...forget everything you've heard and seen in the past about accessing files from a button :)

Return to posts index

Rick Sargent
on Aug 27, 2008 at 1:37:00 am

We have a page to explain how to access the pdf folder on the DVD. Eric thanks for your advise, I understand that this can be too inconsistent to rely on.
best to you

Return to posts index

Annaël Beauchemin
on Sep 1, 2008 at 6:31:19 pm

Can't you just link the DVD to a .html page on which all the pdfs are linked?

Return to posts index

Blair Kuster
on Mar 6, 2009 at 4:02:14 pm

I have tried to use dvd@access to reference .pdf files from a menu button in dvd studio pro. If you simulate in dvd studio pro it works beautifully. It launches adobe acrobat or adobe reader and everything is great. However, when I burn the dvd and attempt to play it, it no longer launches acrobat or reader, it does nothing. It is my understanding that dvd@access never really worked right to begin with and that I should just create a note in the dvd menu that points the user to the data on the disc and they can directly access the files that way. Does anyone have a slicker way to do this, or is there another program out there that does this with success?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]