FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Menu Outro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Cheah
Motion Menu Outro
on Aug 23, 2008 at 10:09:47 am

Quick question,

I have a motion menu which includes a video (we'll call it video1) and buttons sliding into place. I was wondering how I could make an outro from that menu - with the buttons sliding out of the frame when a button is pressed and transitioning to a new menu, but keeping the video1 consistent with what is shown right before the button is pressed.

For example, I'm sure that I could create a video of the buttons and other menu assets simply moving away, and then link every single button to that video in the flow chart, and then link those videos to their respective assets/menus, but if I were to do that, video1 inside the video of the buttons moving out would not play at the exact same place as the video1 of the motion menu. So how would I do that?

If this question needs any more clarification please ask. Sorry it seems pretty confusing.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Motion Menu Outro
on Aug 23, 2008 at 4:14:05 pm

It simply cannot be done. You are jumping from the middle of one movie to the beginning of another movie. Don't even believe this is possible with BluRay (maybe with Java but it would cost $1000s to pull off the script)

To do what you want the movie has to stay and just the button images need to move. Sorry nothing even close other then what you have already described but... if the buttons move fast you don't notice the jump in background because you are distracted by flying buttons. Also for the sake of your viewers transitions should be very very short, 1 second is fine. I like transitions the 1st time I see them but if it is something that I'm jumping around a lot they get old really quickly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]