FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem with h264 and DVD Studio Pro 4

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark pigott
problem with h264 and DVD Studio Pro 4
on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:30:30 pm

Using the methods and presets exactly listed in "Making Hi-Def DVDs on 4.7G DVD Disks"
I have ran into the following issues.

1) When taking a 24p XDCAM self-contained movie into compressor and using the HD 60 minute
h264 preset as indicated; the file comes into DVD Studio and the Asset Column (Name, Status, in Use....)
says the h264 QT is 23.98fps; which is expected. But if you look at this asset in the Inspector it says it is
29.97fps non-drop.

So there is a contradiction here.

Secondly, I try to make simple first HDDVD movie; and once the burn process gets to initiating
(h264type).mov; the entire DVD Studio crashes...

I have read tht h264 is the only way to make sure I get correct pulldown.

Could someone please assist me?!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: problem with h264 and DVD Studio Pro 4
on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:49:37 pm

23.98 streams have flags set for the pulldown and this is what is being displayed in the inspector, you are fine here.

Don't know what to say about the crashing.

Return to posts index

mark pigott
on Aug 14, 2008 at 4:10:55 pm

Do you know if the master file from which the h264 was made, an XDCAM 24p direct as a self contained
QT from FCP 6.02 would also have pulldown flags?

It is listed in DVDSP4 as 23.98 in the assets list, and 29.97 in the inspector-this is the same way the
h264 file made from this is displayed in DVDSP4??

Thanks

(I can burn with the XDCAM QT no problems)

[Michael Sacci] "23.98 streams have flags set for the pulldown and this is what is being displayed in the inspector, you are fine here.

Don't know what to say about the crashing.
"

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 14, 2008 at 5:17:10 pm

I'm at best a semi-technical guy. If I need to know I try to find out but if I don't need to know the exact why but just the fact that it does and it does work, I'm fine with that. And this is the case here. DVDs need to have 29.97 streams (not 100% as sure on HD material) so when an encoded 24p stream it imported into DVDSP it adds the flags as the stream is truly a 24P stream but it tells the play how to do the pulldown when a dvd player setup cannot handle a true 24P stream but if it can it plays back the stream without the pulldown being added. Roger Anderson has answered a thread that goes into what is happening better than I could or would want to, if you want to do more you can do a search under his name, it was either in this forum or DVDSP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]