FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project set-up in DVD Studio Pro

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Lupton
Project set-up in DVD Studio Pro
on Aug 13, 2008 at 1:26:19 pm

I am producing a DVD in DVD Studio Pro. The menus will be in PAL widescreen as will the main feature, however some of the supporting video content will be in 4:3.

Could I ask a couple of questions?

What screen size and pixel ratio should I use for the menus. (I am designing in Photoshop)

720x576 (1.42)
768x576 Square Pixels
1024x768 Square Pixels

Im a bit unsure about anamorphic video and the differences in titles and mixing 4:3 and 16:9 on the same disc. Any tips?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Project set-up in DVD Studio Pro
on Aug 18, 2008 at 6:32:33 am

DVD handles mix aspect video just fine (in different title sets of course). So just drop them in, the one thing you have to do is decide how the 16:9 will get displayed on a 4:3 TV, the most common is to choose 16:9 Letterboxed, which is what gives you the black top and bottom bars but the video still has the 16:9 look. If you choose Pan and Scan it will center crop the video on 4:3 which is not normally wanted unless graphics and framing has taken this into account.

If you are working with an older version of Photoshop you are off with the canvas at 1024x576 and design your menu (everything will look correct) when done resize the image to 720x576 (it will now look distorted) bring this file into DVDSP and choose 16:9 and it will look correct again. The latest versions Photoshop do this conversion for you, you just start a new file as PAL/DV Widescreen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]