FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD studio pro wont play mpeg-2 files anymore

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christie Wessling
DVD studio pro wont play mpeg-2 files anymore
on Aug 12, 2008 at 4:02:01 pm

I have been exporting files over and over again with the same exact settings just a few minor changes in final cut pro. I export in compressor with the setting DVD Best Quality 90 Minutes. These files export to mpeg-2. They have worked fine up until this point. They will not play in DVD Studio Pro. They play perfectly fine in quicktime but for some reason when i load them into dvd studio pro they are black.

I need to have this project done asap, can someone PLEASE help?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVD studio pro wont play mpeg-2 files anymore
on Aug 12, 2008 at 4:37:34 pm

There are a lot of flavors of mpeg2, do they have the extention .m2v on them. You have not made a Transport Stream by mistake have you.

Some trouble shooting steps.

If you bring in an old m2v file does it work? If it doesn't trash all the prefs it that doesn't help you may want to totally reinstall compressor.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1888?viewlocale=en_US

Return to posts index

Christie Wessling
on Aug 12, 2008 at 4:55:54 pm

Yeah they are .m2v. Im not quite sure what a transport stream is. All I know is I have used these same settings over and over again and they worked every time, except now. Is there a way the settings could have been changed without me knowing? I have trashed DVD studio Pro's preferences so next Im going to try compressors preferences. I have 4 min of an export left then I will try it and re-export I guess.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 12, 2008 at 5:08:44 pm

There is a way that things can change without our knowing it, but normally they are human errors that happen when we are not paying attention.

But do bring in an old file that you know use to work. If it still does, it tells you that the problem is before DVDSP.

Make a brand new preset and see if that works.

Also start making really short test encodes until you solve the problem.

if you want make a droplet of the preset and email that to me and I will see if there is a wrong setting.

onthecow (at) michaelangelodv (dot) com

Return to posts index

Christie Wessling
on Aug 12, 2008 at 7:39:07 pm

I plugged the harddrive into my old mac and it works fine in that version of DVD Studio Pro. Im very confused but I guess I will reinstall DVD Studio Pro on the new mac.

Also, I trashed the compressors settings and exported a short film and it worked fine. This is all very confusing to me but at least my dvds are burning, very very slowly, on my old mac!

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Keith Troester
on Aug 13, 2008 at 1:39:04 am

In a somewhat related story, I've had issues if you keep exporting the same sequence with Compressor (especially with Studio Pro open), sometimes you will get a blank .m2v (just gray). Repetition doesn't always work well in Compressor. It will sometimes give you a dud.

Also, Studio Pro won't always find the newest files if you have it open while compressing.

My Weekly Comic for TV Techs: http://fpscomic.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]