FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Buzzing in Detail Areas after Burn from HD to SD

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Paris
Image Buzzing in Detail Areas after Burn from HD to SD
on Aug 9, 2008 at 4:30:10 am

Hi Guys,

I'm burning a preview DVD of a project I'm editing and having problems with buzzing in the fine detail areas of the picture. The footage was shot using a F900 in 29.97 at 30PSF.... captured at 1080i Apple Pro Res HQ using a Kona 3 into a Intel Octacore Mac.

I had this problem before and was able to solve the issue by selecting the clips in browser and changing the field dominance from Upper to None. This time around I noticed that it really didn't do much and upon further testing noticed that the timeline and clips in the timeline were still set to "upper" file dominance. More testing..... I set the field dominance in timeline and all the clips in the timeline to "None", but the buzzing is still there. I've tried encoding using Compressor and changing the field order to None before encoding as well as exporting a quicktime clip from FCP using the existing settings and importing into DVD Studio Pro directly. Both methods are really not working.

Any ideas? It's frustrating to be working with such high end footage and have it look like #%^@% to the client. Most of the footage looks great, it's only the scenes with lots of trees, grass, leaves or other fine detail that cause the unsightly buzzing.

Thanks for your help!

Bill Paris
Crew Hawaii Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]