FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD-R label

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Neidert
DVD-R label
on Aug 4, 2008 at 7:26:00 pm

I am hoping that this is the right forum to post on... if not I apologize. I have one of those "legal" questions, so I hope somebody has an answer.

We don't do a lot of DVD authoring, mostly web, but when I author a DVD and print the label on it do I need to include the DVD logo or some information about it being a DVD-R? I have seen this done but I don't really know the "rules" about it.

David

Return to posts index

Andrius Simutis
Re: DVD-R label
on Aug 7, 2008 at 5:09:50 am

I'm not a lawyer though I did play one on TV, okay that was once and it was Japanese TV, but anyway...
You don't HAVE TO put any of the DVD logos on your DVD. DVD video logo is technically only legal on replicated DVDs (the ones pressed in a factory, not recorded) so you'd be looking at the DVD R logo, which you don't really need either.
I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for using the logo, and it sounds like you're not making a lot of them, but why bother putting the logo on there anyway? My guess is the title or any other info (not to mention the purple back) would let most people know it's a DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]