FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Studio Pro - skipping copyright disclaimer button

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Trahair
DVD Studio Pro - skipping copyright disclaimer button
on Aug 3, 2008 at 3:14:19 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to write some scripts to control when a copyright disclaimer appears on a DVD. Basically what I want it to do is play only the first time the disc is inserted. If the user presses the DVD menu button while on a menu I want it to return to the root language menu - not the first play
I have the disc set up as:

First play: track - Copyright disclaimer - prescript:
Jump Language Menu if (GPRM 0 = 1)
End jump for disclaimer track - Language Menu

Language Menu: Prescript:
mov GPRM 0, 1

It then has a series of links to other submenus.

My understanding was that if I assigned a variable of 1 in the language menu prescript then the disclaimer pre-script should automatically skip to the language pre-script. But it doesn't work - when I press the menu button whilst on a menu page it goes back to the disclaimer track.

I'm probably going round this the wrong way. Does anyone have any ideas or know any tricks to get around this? I have a deadline looming and would be really appreciative if anyone could help me get it sorted.

Thanks

Ben

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: DVD Studio Pro - skipping copyright disclaimer button
on Aug 3, 2008 at 6:09:30 pm

The Menu button wasn't designed to be pressed during a menu and expect it to take you to another menu....at least not in DVDSP. Just put a button on the menu to return to the root menu.

But if you insist, I'd put a short 1 sec piece of black in the track 1 position with an end jump to the root menu.

Return to posts index

Ben Trahair
on Aug 3, 2008 at 7:54:44 pm

Thanks so much Eric. This is great. Out of curiosity would you think consider it dangerous to use less than a second of black?

Cheers,

Ben

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 3, 2008 at 11:42:59 pm

I'd stick with 1. Any less and you have encoding, playback issues potentially.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]