FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for Cheap DVD-R and stickers (bulk)

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nathan quattrini
Looking for Cheap DVD-R and stickers (bulk)
on Aug 1, 2008 at 9:36:43 pm

Where do you guys find your DVD-R media? I am looking for 200+, best price for brands that work. Also the stickers for them as well. I need a bunch to hand out later this year at my premiere, and to send to film festivals, and I`m already in debt, so the cheaper the better so long as they aren`t all duds. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Looking for Cheap DVD-R and stickers (bulk)
on Aug 1, 2008 at 9:44:13 pm

DO NOT use slickers/labels for any reason!

I get the maxells are tapeonline (look to the left) if you need an image on them get an inkjet printer.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Aug 3, 2008 at 12:39:49 pm

I totally agree NOT to use stickers. Discs WILL get out of balance, and one of those 200 will blow up in aomeones computer and the owner will blame you.
The cheap Epson printers have a great quality, specially if you use watershielded discs (although they are a bit more expensive, they're worth it.)
If you have to do 200 pieces on a cheap printer that only allows one print at a time, please note that one print will take at least 2 minutes. So you're in for a long and boring day.
(But if you have more time than money, that's the way it is)
Also to be cheap, use Ejector cases. They're way cheaper than the normal DVD packaging, look sexy and so you don't have to print an inlay as well.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

Nathan Quattrini
on Aug 4, 2008 at 4:33:34 am

I`m confused....you said don't use stickers...so what would I need a printer for? I need Blank DVDs to burn...

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Aug 4, 2008 at 9:27:36 am

You need blank WHITE PRINTABLE dvd's, and you need a special printer to print directly on the disks. This is the way to go, and even a dirt cheap (120 USD or so) inkjet printer will do just fine.
(although, as said, it'll be a slow process for 200 discs)

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]