FORUMS: list search recent posts

Four Basic Questions about DVD Architect

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jorge trinchet
Four Basic Questions about DVD Architect
on Jul 16, 2008 at 5:28:49 pm

Hello,
I am sorry if this thread is not in the right place. I just have four basics questions about DVD Architect, 4.0.

01) How can I put a picture/frame from a clip on the thumbnail that represents it in the menu?

02) I think that by default the color of a selected item on a menu is light yellow. Is it possible to change its color?

03) Is it possible to have a clip on the DVD that will play before we go to main menu? I am guessing that the clip can be inserted to the fist menu by right-clicking on the menu and then inserting "media". Is this correct?

04) I have a 30 second music clip attached to the main menu. By default, does the music clip play just once? Or does it loop?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
Re: Four Basic Questions about DVD Architect
on Aug 14, 2008 at 1:44:26 am

01) How can I put a picture/frame from a clip on the thumbnail that represents it in the menu?

First make sure you have added the media you want to use in your project. (So that your link will play the entire file) For example... KidsBirthday.mpg
(Side note it is best to use your video editor to create a small clip of what you want displayed if you'd rather have it animated and loop a small portion).

Right Click on the menu page you wish to add the thumbnail.
Click on your new button and make sure you have "BUTTON PROPERTIES" displayed. From there go to "MEDIA" then "THUMBNAIL PROPERTIES" the "THUMBNAIL MEDIA" click on replace and find you file. After that you have the option to have it as a still or animated. You can use the start time slider to find the portion you want displayed or input the exact time if you know it.

That's it..but if you choose to animate it will only play as long as any background media you have setup. IE Music or Video.

02) I think that by default the color of a selected item on a menu is light yellow. Is it possible to change its color?

Select MENU PAGE PROPERTIES the COLOR SETS and you will see an option to change either the current page color set or the entire project. Read the help menus to understand what the options affect.

03) Is it possible to have a clip on the DVD that will play before we go to main menu? I am guessing that the clip can be inserted to the fist menu by right-clicking on the menu and then inserting "media". Is this correct?

Make sure you have the PROJECT OVERVIEW displayed and right click anywhere in there to add your media. Select that media again and select "START ITEM", a little purple start will be added to the name of the clip to show it is to be played upon DVD insertion.

04) I have a 30 second music clip attached to the main menu. By default, does the music clip play just once? Or does it loop?

Select you music clip and then go to the MENU MEDIA PROPERTIES page, select END ACTION the select COMMAND...LOOP...

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

jorge trinchet
Re: Four Basic Questions about DVD Architect
on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:27:27 pm

Thanks so much, Joe!
Best regards,

Jorge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]