FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVDVD_TS and SDDVD_TS folders???

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
HVDVD_TS and SDDVD_TS folders???
on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:10:56 am

Hi everyone!
I am trying to burn a QT in DVD Studio Pro into a DVD. I already did it before and I had no problem but suddenly I am getting this message:

"The Build Location folder contains a HVDVD_TS folder(HD DVD content). You must remove the HVDVD_TS folder from the Build Location in order to proceed with Build/Format of a Standard DVD project"

I went to Build/Format and also to preferences to set manually the folder to SDDVD_TS. But I can't find it! I only have the HVDVD_TS folder to choose...do you know what is happening???

Thank you!
Esther

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HVDVD_TS and SDDVD_TS folders???
on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:16:13 am

You started the project as an HD project. You need to redo the project as a SD DVD.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:40:46 am

mmmmm...I actually started teh project as SD DVD!!! not HD..
I just double checked..is set up to SD in the Project preferences settings...and when I go to build/format and try to choose an SD folder in the" DVD Studio Pro documents", the SD is not there..!!?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:54:47 am

What does it say in the Inspector when you when have the disc selected? (click any of the empty gray part) The preferences do not reflex have you have but what you will have.

[Esther Casas] "when I go to build/format and try to choose an SD folder in the" DVD Studio Pro documents", the SD is not there..!!?"
I'm not following you here.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Jul 9, 2008 at 2:12:01 am

I don't know what is supposed to say in the inspector...when i click on the sequence it shows the "video clip" window...with the size file etc and clicking the track it shows the "track" window with res and display mode..

I set the resolution to 720X480i, is that a problem? should i set at 720X480p?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 9, 2008 at 2:16:15 am

The inspector changes depending on what you have selected. You need to select the Disc, you do this in graphical view and click on the gray background. Then Disc is be displayed in the top of the Inspector, then what is the DVD Standard set as.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Jul 9, 2008 at 3:12:41 am

ok, i just did what you said, it's set to "video standard" and it doesn't let me put DVD SD on DVD standard, i can't edit that. why?? the project is set to SD DVD...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 9, 2008 at 3:22:03 am

Ok, I'm not trying to sound harsh but your project is a HD DVD project, somewhere along the way you clicked on that settings. There is NO way back to SD, you have to rebuild the project.

You need to be a little more precise about your descriptions, they don't make sense. Nothing is "SET" to Video Standard, Video Standard is a line description and the setting is either SD or HD DVD, after it is set to HD DVD it becomes grayed out because you cannot change it back to SD.

Once again your project may have started out as SD but it is now HD, which can have both HD and SD material in it, but it will not play on a standard DVD player anymore. How did it change, you got 3 options, 1) you unknowingly changed it at some point. 2) someone else came in and changed it on you. 3) the program did it all by itself. #3 is highly unlikely.

No shame in making a mistake, we all do it, in fact I think I made one a couple of years back. :-)

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Jul 9, 2008 at 3:40:14 am

YES...sorry if i am not so precise with my explanations, you are right,i should be more careful!!
well...I made a new project as before set to SD DVD, and when i go to burn I still get the same message:

"The Build Location folder contains a HVDVD_TS folder(HD DVD content). You must remove the HVDVD_TS folder from the Build Location in order to proceed with Build/Format of a Standard DVD project."

I just checked what you told me and now for sure is SD DVD NTSC. no mistake on that now.

so...why do I get this message and why I can't find the SDDVD_TS folder??

sorry if I am still here...I am startin gto get a bit frustrated..

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 9, 2008 at 3:53:00 am

Can you not just change the destination of your build. Or do to the place that you are point to now and delete the HVDVD_TS from the finder?

Almost there.

Return to posts index

Leon Hunter
on Nov 12, 2010 at 1:00:18 am

I have almost the same problem. I started out on HD in final cut from final cut I put into DVD Studio Pro and when I go to build it gives me the same folder HVDVD_TS. Every time I burn into DVD it never works. i thought i was suppose to have two folders not one. Can I make this folder into DVD so it can work? Thank you for all your help.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 12, 2010 at 3:17:41 am

Why not read the answer that dates back over 2 years on this thread. You can build it for the next 1000 years and the disc will never work. HD DVD is a dead format.

You have to encode the video as SD m2v and then author a SD DVD. You have to start over.

Return to posts index

Osaliki Sepulveda
on Apr 30, 2011 at 6:18:47 pm

Gosh, thank you very much for these posts... Life savers, I was having the same situation with DVD Studio Pro and a DVD I needed to burn. Since last night I've been trying to figure out why wasn't the DVD playing on my DVD player ... !!!!

Problem solved...

Thank

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Jul 9, 2008 at 4:45:41 pm

The previous project built in this copy of DVDSP was an HD-DVD. Now that you are trying to create a DVD, DVDSP can't do the build until the HDDVD_TS folder left over from the previous project is deleted from the Build folder. Jusr delete everything in that folder, and you will be good to go.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Jul 9, 2008 at 9:51:46 pm

Hi bill, thank you.

But my problem is that I can't delete the HVDVD_TS in the built folder!! I try to look for files HDDVD_TS in my computer (finder in harddrive) and I can' t find them.
Even if I create a new project ALL IN SDDVD, when I open the Build window in Studio Pro it shows me a DVD Studio files folder with HDDVD and SDDVD folders on it (I created SDDVD myself following a suggestion, but it was not there). But at this step I can't delete the HD folder, I select the SD, but is still a problem because the HD is still there...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 9, 2008 at 10:05:40 pm

Choose any other location to put the new build folder in!

Return to posts index

Guy Fiorita
on Oct 22, 2008 at 5:40:30 pm

You're not doing anything wrong, you need to change the build/format folder, which is tricky in DVDSP. Go to preferences > destinations. Now logic would tell you to change the 'encoding' destination folder but there are actually several different destination folders in DVDSP. Click on the 'encoding' pop up menu and select 'Built/Format'. Create a new folder or change it to a different one. Click ok and everything should be set, burn away.

Return to posts index

Alan Ray
on Mar 18, 2011 at 2:26:47 am

Thanks for your advice. I had run into the same problem, but you were right on. Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Rob Blair
on Jul 17, 2012 at 4:48:36 pm

The ONLY person with the RIGHT ANSWER, thank you. Previous "experts" gave partial answers that only provided frustration to many of us, thank you for the right complete answer that worked.

Return to posts index

Robbo Ando
on Apr 21, 2009 at 1:36:24 am

i had a similar problem, I was burning in HD and couldnt get playback on standard dvd players - i rebuilt my project in SD with the same problem as you had and tried to find the solution online (leading me here)

the way I solved the final part to the problem was File > Advanced Burn > Build, I made a new folder which i called SuperBurn (because it was super duper) the project compiled itself and then I burnt the project and it was ready to go. Still waiting to see if the SD dvd works in standard players as it should.

yep it worked :D

Return to posts index

Daniel Silva Vargas
on Apr 6, 2010 at 5:47:40 pm

I just had this problem...

HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

go to the "build/format" menu... on "location" is the path of the folders where DVDSP makes the "build"..
in FINDER, go to the folder you founded in "location", and delete the HVDVD_TS folder.

THE PROBLEM WAS:

i had this HVDVD_TS folder because of a previous HD DVD project.

Return to posts index

Karina Louw
on Nov 26, 2012 at 7:42:56 am

Thank you Guy Fiorita for the solution. Worked perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]